ZEMUN INTERNATIONAL SALON OF CARICATURE
The Publishing house TRAG, as the founder, and the Council of
Zemun International Salon of Caricature
are inviting entries from all over the world, to take part in contest on the
9. Zemun International Salon of Caricature.
REGULATIONS FOR THE
2004 ZEMUN INTERNATIONAL SALON OF CARICATURE
1. The themes of the 2004 Salon are
I. Theater and film
Try to find funny and comic aspects of the theatre and film through history,
or draw caricatures of famous actors
II. Free theme
2. Participation in the SALON is free of charge.
3. Each participant can send a maximum of 6 (six) drawings – 3 (three) for each
4. Dimensions of each drawing must be between Minimum A4 (210 x 297 mm) and Maximum
A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Choice of technique and medium is open, but all drawings must be original.
Photocopies are not accepted. Drawings should be self-explanatory, without titles
or subtitles. Works previously submitted to other exhibitions or published in
newspapers or books are excluded. Plagiarized cartoons will be excluded from
the competition. Cartoons which do not satisfy the above qualifications will
not be accepted.
6. Each drawing should bear the signature or mark of the artist and their name,
surname, address, phone number and e-mail address, if any, on the back. Works
should be accompanied by the author’s photo or caricature and a short basic biography
in English, including date of birth, education, profession, citizenship, awards,
publications and exhibitions. Entry form is not necessary
7. Works should be adequately packed to avoid damage. Any transport damage is
the responsibility of the sender. Drawings should not be framed in any way. Please
send drawings packed flat without rolling or folding.
8. Send all drawings to:
SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO
9. All drawings should reach the Salon by 1st April, 2004.
10. All entries will be examined until 25th April, 2004, by an International
Jury of representatives from the world of art, culture and public institutions.
The decision of the Jury is final.
11. The Jury will award the following prizes:
First Prize: 1.000 Euro and a trophy
Second Prize: 750 Euro and a trophy
Third Prize: 500 Euro and a trophy
Other prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Jurors.
12. Selected works recommended by the Jury will be exhibited in Zemun and taken
for exhibition to selected cities and towns in Serbia and Montenegro.
13. The opening of the exhibition and distribution of prizes will be on 8th June,
2004. Prize winners from outside Zemun will have their travel-air or surface
as appropriate - and three-days’ accommodation in Zemun paid by the Salon. Vouchers
will be issued for one person for appropriate travel and accommodation.
14. ALL PARTICIPANTS will get free of charge a catalogue
of the 2004 Salon.
15. All of the drawings received the Secretary’s office of the Salon become the
property of the Salon and remain in the possession of the organizer and will
be registered and included in the collection of the Caricature Museum of Zemun. The
drawings will be returned on request.
16. Please address any communications to:
Tel/Fax +38 111 613 107
By submitting his or her works, the artist accepts the rules and regulations
of the Salon as printed above and the decisions of the Jurors.
Visit our www.zemun-cartoon.co.yu
Please inform any cartoonist friend and colleagues - whose addresses we might
not know - of our competition. All are welcome!